Ikat prints are everywhere these days – on ethnic-inspired textiles, cool skirts, decor objects and even on furniture pieces. While this print comes under a wide range of designs and in various colors, there is one hue in particular that is topping the trends this year: blue! Be it in its cobalt nuance, aqua, azure, turquoise or cerulean blue, you can find lots of blue ikat decor items to brighten up your space, from armchairs to napkins and kitchen supplies, shades and, of course, our favorites, pillows and throws.
How to Use It:
1. Use color! Don’t limit yourself to nudes when opting for these decor items – go bold, go colorful and opt for a fresh and vibrant aesthetics, instead of safe and predictable. The trendiest Spring 2012 combinations: white+blue+ pink or white+blue+orange.
2. Don’t say ‘No’ to mixing prints – mix ikat with ikat or other ethnic prints, but not only: zig-zag and other geometric shapes or even florals in a feminine space can really work.
3. Repeat the blue in your selected decor items with your curtains, table runners, statement vases or use it in your wall art.
Get items like these and enjoy your space!
1. $9.99 Blue & White Ikat Bowl Set of 4 – 6″
2. $199 Ikat cushion
3. $72 DwellStudio Diamond Ikat Square Pillow in Azure
4. $249 Armless Chair in Diamonds Blue Ikat
5. £16 Ikat Napkins
6. $175 18″ Ikat Drum Shade
7. $74 Silk Ikat pillow